One of Apple's stores was completely evacuated after the iPhone 6S battery started to smoke. One of the employees was injured.
Apple Store in Zurich Zurich was completely evacuated after one of the employees replaced the battery in the iPhone 6S Plus. At that time, it began to heat up and smoke quickly. The employee who was replacing was lightly burned on the palm of his hand. Fortunately, no serious injuries occurred. The police said the entire store was evacuated. A total of 50 people had to leave the premises . Employees efficiently responded to the threat by sprinkling the battery with quartz sand. His task was to absorb smoke, which could contain dangerous toxins. In this way, it did not get into ventilation. Seven people received medical care, but no hospitalization was needed. Apple has not yet reacted to the incident. At the beginning there was also no model, whose battery caused a problem. In the end, it was revealed that it was an iPhone 6S Plus. Apple has no easy life recently. Undeveloped software, detected holes, delays in the delivery of devices, or deliberate slowdown without informing users has recently caused a lot of flaw in the image. The company will still have to deal with numerous lawsuits , and the proposed replacement of the battery at a price of $ 29 is another cost that it will incur. Source: Reuters , 20min