Surface Phone betrayed us his next mystery. New information suggests the presence of two versions, one of which is to support applications in Win32 mode Continuum. Special accessories enable the transformation of the smartphone device 3in1.
Expected by many fans of mobile Windows Surface Phone becomes more and more a reality. Here are some new information about him, collected on the basis of prototypes:
- Surface Phone will be played in two versions, both will be powered by a Snapdragon 835,
- the first of them is to be equipped with 6 GB of RAM and support applications in Win32 mode Continuum; ARM processor should not be an obstacle thanks to emulate the x86 architecture,
- Win32 applications will be installed on smartphones, but they can not be run without Continuum,
- version with 4 GB will probably be directed towards the less demanding users, or not be presented at all.
- Both variants are to be fitted with a 5.5-inch display with a resolution WQHD (2560×1440) and run under 64-bit Windows 10 Mobile update Redstone 3
- special package of additives allow the transformation of Surface Phone device 3in1,
- pre-premiere is scheduled for autumn 2017 but can be postponed in time, and in the most pessimistic scenario, even canceled.
The above information is closely coincide with Microsoft's plans for the mobile division. There is impossible to hide the fact that designed Surface Phone will have the task to attract eyes corporate customers and true fans of Microsoft and its ecosystem, without being a remedy for poor share Windows 10 Mobile on the smartphone market. In the current situation is a very reasonable plan. It remains only hope that Microsoft will not give up this project, and as we know the giant often lack enthusiasm for the mobile parts of their business. Source: NokiaPowerUser